1. Tom Hanks is an American actor and producer, known for his versatility and wide range of roles.
2. He was born on July 9, 1956, in Concord, California.
3. He has collaborated multiple times with renowned director Steven Spielberg, appearing in films such as "Saving Private Ryan" (1998) and "Bridge of Spies" (2015).
4. Tom Hanks is not only an actor but also a filmmaker. He made his directorial debut with the film "That Thing You Do!" (1996) and has since directed and produced several other movies.
5. Hanks has won numerous awards throughout his career, including two Academy Awards for Best Actor. He won his first Oscar for his role in the film "Philadelphia" (1993) and his second for "Forrest Gump" (1994).
6. In addition to his film career, Hanks is a successful producer and has been involved in the production of numerous critically acclaimed projects, including the miniseries "Band of Brothers" (2001) and "The Pacific" (2010).
7. Tom Hanks is known for his philanthropic efforts and has been actively involved in charitable work. He has supported organizations such as UNICEF, AIDS research foundations, and environmental causes.
8.Despite his fame and success, Tom Hanks is often described as down-to-earth and approachable, earning him a reputation as one of the most beloved and respected actors in Hollywood
9. One of Tom Hanks' most iconic roles is that of Forrest Gump in the movie of the same name. His performance as the kind-hearted and simple-minded protagonist won him his second Academy Award.